Novel Hydrocarbon Extraction
CRIN's Novel Hydrocarbon Extraction (NHE) technology theme area is interested in enabling novel solutions for accessing and producing hydrocarbons with less environmental footprint including well architectures/completions and artificial lift in all reservoirs.
Join us! Together we will create new collaborations and pathways for driving innovation in this area.
NHE Focus Areas / Industry Pull
- Oilsands In Situ: Low emission extraction through transformative technologies such as solvent dominated processes, electromagnetic heating or subsurface heat generation
- Heavy Oil: Technologies that improve extraction in worm-holed reservoirs including thermal, solvent, chemical or CO2 enhanced oil recovery (EOR) projects for cold heavy oil production with sand (CHOPS) that emphasize gas capture vs. methane venting
- Light/Tight: Gas, CO2, Huff and Puff or other floods that help move beyond primary production to EOR methods that minimize declines, re-fracturing or down-spacing
- Oilsands Mining/Extraction: Material handling, aqueous and non-aqueous extraction though solvent or other novel processes for mined oilsands to reduce tailings, GHG emissions and water consumption and allowing for timely reclamation after mine closure
- Technologies or Downhole Treatments that can be applied to restart/reinvigorate shut-in wells and/or minimize new disturbance by leveraging existing footprints
Join CRIN's Novel Hydrocarbon Extraction LinkedIn Group (open to CRIN members - join here) to meet like-minded technology developers, innovators and industry producers, discuss ideas, ask questions of diverse peers, share knowledge and develop collaborative relationships.
Members Only Accelerating Hydrocarbon Recovery Tech
Members Only Existing Challenges and Gaps Roadmap
CRIN Partner Material
CRIN Webinars and Presentations
Stephen Arseniuk, email@example.com