The Clean Resource Innovation Network (CRIN), a Canadian not-for-profit organization, is looking for an energetic, collaborative and trusted professional with a vision and passion to be part of an organization that is driven to make things happen and to make a difference for our world.
As the Technology Enablement Coordinator, you will be part of team with diverse backgrounds and skills, and national scope with regional, national and global impact.
The Technology Enablement Coordinator’s role is a contract position based in Calgary, Alberta and is a member of the CRIN Operations Team led by the Director of Operations.
The Technology Enablement Coordinator is a key member of the CRIN Operations team working directly with the Director of Operations and the Chair of the Technology Enablement Sub-Committee (TEC) while collaborating with several other committees and functions across the organization.
This position’s major responsibility is the coordination and management of technology-based projects and initiatives and innovation ecosystem development work with a focus on theme areas including reducing environmental footprints (water, land, methane emissions, novel hydrocarbon extraction), low emissions value-added products, cleaner fuels and digital oil and gas.
Why you should join us. You will:
- Provide leadership and support to the realization and development of the CRIN Technology Theme project portfolio comprised of both research development and deployment (RD&D) projects and innovation ecosystem initiatives and events. You’ll liaise with theme leads and other volunteers, competition coordinators and operations team members while leveraging the growing and dynamic CRIN member Network.
- Help to access and identify technologies and initiatives worthy of investment assessed against developed selection criteria
- Monitor, assess and report technical, innovation ecosystem effectiveness, and economic progress of the technology portfolio against established performance metrics; develop recommendations and provide guidance focused on building a stronger innovation ecosystem and extending the reach and value of the Network to its members
You will use your expertise to:
- Liaise with technology theme leads on a consistent basis and provide timely support to the TEC and TEC Chair
- Coordinate technology competitions within agreed design limits across the Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) for CRIN with CRIN’s Technology Theme Leads and CRIN’s Operations Team
- Collaborate with the CRIN Membership Engagement and Outreach Communications coordinator to promote CRIN Technology Enablement initiatives and technology theme initiatives and competitions
- Support the development of opportunities for CRIN Members to invest in new technologies
- Support the Operations Team to meet its commitments and contribute to reporting of commitments and achievements
- Manage professional service contracts as required that contribute to fulfilling support to TEC and the Technology Themes, and
- Fulfill other responsibilities that may arise necessary for a world class collaboration organization
We’d like to review your application if you have…
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to promote ideas and thoughts effectively, and translate ideas into action
- Proven skills as an effective facilitator and relationship builder, capable of working with a breadth of skills, expertise and roles
- Expertise in technology development from grassroots to commercialization, with experience in or familiarity with the technology innovation space
- Experience within the oil and gas sector including insight into relevant policy and emerging technology trends, and project-related technology decision making
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop and communicate data, perform analysis, assimilate outcomes/results and create impact reports using appropriate tools and methods
- Proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite and savviness in assessing, adopting and using relevant business and collaboration platforms and processes to improve operational effectiveness
- Aptitude to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities and deliver results to tight deadlines in a complex and dynamic environment
- Ability to act as a project leader and to coach other team or Network members where no formal reporting relationship exists
- Proven ability to anticipate, assess, and develop solutions and improvements to workflow to meet objectives
- Superior customer service acumen, and
- Alignment with CRIN’s vision
- Experience in the clean technology development, energy or other natural resource industries
- Familiarity with project, change and reputation management, and
- Bilingual in English / French
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will be expected to contribute to and agree upon working norms, including workdays and location, etc. The role will be centred out of Calgary to leverage shared services and expertise from other organizations.
- There may also be some irregular hours throughout the week including weekends (event-specific activities.)
- Travel within Canada may be required for meetings and / or event-specific activities according to travel policies and procedures.
To be considered for the role, provide supporting information as to the suitability of candidacy by email to email@example.com.
Starting October 1, 2021, qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. The position posting will remain active until the position has been filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CRIN is an equal opportunity organization. Any qualified candidate is encouraged to apply however Canadian Citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. CRIN is strongly committed to equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
CRIN’s vision is to make Canada the global leader in producing clean hydrocarbons from source to end use. A network of networks, CRIN accelerates the development and commercialization of ground-breaking solutions by establishing industry priorities and by connecting innovators within the ecosystem (researchers, small and medium enterprises – SMEs, governments, non-governmental organizations -NGOs, other innovators) to resources (funding, talent, labs, and facilities), investors and industry partners (producers and service companies) who deploy technology solutions.