Digital Community Management – Part Time Contract (up to 30 hours/week)
Posting date: October 28, 2021
The Clean Resource Innovation Network (CRIN), a Canadian not-for-profit organization, is looking for an energetic, collaborative and trusted communications professional or organization with a vision and passion to make things happen and to make a difference for the planet.
You will be part of a team with national scope and regional, national and global impact. CRIN is a matrixed, member organization with operations based in Calgary, Alberta, and serving more than 2,600 members across Canada.
The new Digital Community Management function will help to support a broad portfolio of membership engagement, outreach and marketing/communications activities including events targeting cleantech and oil and gas stakeholders across the country.
The Digital Community Management function is a 12-month contract position working approximately 30 hours/week, with possibility of expansion and extension. You will report to the Membership Engagement, Outreach and Communications (MEOC) Coordinator, and will also work closely with the Administrative & Events Coordinator and other members of the operations team as needed.
Where your expertise will shine
The key objective of CRIN’s Digital Community Management is to maintain and grow followers and engagement on CRIN’s digital channels such as cleanresourceinnovation.com, e-newsletter, LinkedIn and Twitter (and any additional channels in future), with the goals to convert followers to CRIN members; to engage members in the network; and support enablement of technology development.
- Support the development and implementation of the CRIN digital marketing/communication strategy in alignment with CRIN’s marketing communications strategy, vision, mission and brand
- Create topical content with strong writing and visual design skills that are on brand, on budget and integrated with CRIN’s editorial calendar
- Engage in influencer outreach and relevant online conversations to promote CRIN and member content, and a high volume of virtual and hybrid events
- Grow participation in CRIN content, events, programs and initiatives with laser-focused targeting strategies and appealing design
- Ensure CRIN digital tools and templates are properly maintained and updated, e.g., branded and optimized for search and engagement; enhance functionality as needed
- Provide insight and analysis into project communication plans including budget, market-targeting strategies, creative elements and timelines for digital components
- Liaise with Technology Theme LinkedIn Group volunteers to encourage technical topic-specific outreach and content sharing
- Assist with event support, logistics and metrics
- Support CRIN’s organization-wide data strategy and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting, and lead the collection and analysis of communications metrics from all CRIN tools
- Share responsibility for managing our CRM and other digital tools including development and publication of content, format/design and distribution
- Help monitor and manage CRIN general email accounts and calendars
- Identify opportunities to optimize work flows and resources
- Manage CRIN speaker and conference requests and logistics
- Perform online research and other tasks and projects as assigned
The right fit
In addition to stellar writing and creative digital communication skills, the ideal candidate is/has:
- Highly collaborative in approach to all projects, able to lead and follow within teams
- Committed to excellence in customer service
- Comfortable in a high-energy, faced-paced environment with competing high priorities
- Three to six years of experience in communications, preferably within a corporate communications environment
- A university degree or related post-secondary diploma/certificate in communications, public relations, business, or associated field
- Proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite and savvy in assessing, adopting and using relevant business and collaboration technologies to improve operational effectiveness
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience in clean technology development, energy or natural resource industries
- Experience in Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity communications and projects
- A nose for news and passion for science and technology
- Strong networking skills to support member collaborations and membership growth
- Bilingual in English / French
Where you'll be working, work schedule and other logistical information
- The Digital Community Management function can be based anywhere in Canada, working from your home office / remote location.
- While work schedule flexibility is provided, core hours will frequently need to align with generally accepted business hours in the Mountain time zone and mutually agreed upon with the rest of the operations team.
- Some irregular hours throughout the week including weekends and travel within Canada may be required for events and meetings according to CRIN policies and procedures.
To be considered for the Digital Community Management function, submit a cover letter outlining suitability of your skills and experience, and a resume by email to email@example.com. Interviews will take place as qualified applications are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CRIN is an equal opportunity organization. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. CRIN is strongly committed to equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.