The Clean Resource Innovation Network (CRIN), a Canadian not-for-profit organization, is looking for an energetic, collaborative, and trusted professional with a vision and passion to be part of an organization that is driven to make things happen and to make a difference for our world.
We are looking for a team member to be part of the technology enablement team growing the diverse portfolio of technology theme areas to be a network of clean oil and gas energy innovation. You will be part of team with diverse backgrounds and skills, and national scope with regional, national, and global impact. CRIN is a matrixed, member organization with operations based in Calgary, Alberta, and serving more than 3,200 members across Canada.
The Technology Enablement Facilitator is a contractual position based in Calgary, Alberta and is a member of the CRIN Operations Team led by the Director of Operations and reports to the Technology Enablement function lead.
The Technology Enablement Facilitator, as a member of the CRIN Operations team, will be working across the Technology & Theme Enablement Committee (TEC), Technology Theme Teams, the Chair of the Technology Enablement Sub-Committee (TEC Chair), the CRIN Administrative and Event Coordinator and Director of Operations, while collaborating with other committees and functions across the organization.
This position’s major responsibilities include the facilitation, organization, and coordination of the seven (7) clean oil and gas energy innovation theme teams, their team meetings and initiatives around the theme focus areas including reducing environmental footprints (water, land, methane emissions, novel hydrocarbon extraction), low emissions value-added products, cleaner fuels and digital oil and gas.
Why you should join us. You will:
- Support the development and realization of the CRIN Technology Theme portfolio mandate facilitating, producing, and developing innovation ecosystem initiatives and network-building activities. You will work directly with technology theme leads, their teams, and operations team member peers to engage with the Clean Resource Innovation Network (CRIN)
- Monitor, assess and report technical, innovation ecosystem activity effectiveness against established performance metrics; help develop recommendations and provide guidance focused on building a stronger innovation ecosystem and extending the reach and value of the network to its members
You will use your expertise to:
- Support the development of opportunities for CRIN members to engage with the Network
- Work directly with technology theme leads and teams on a consistent basis and provide timely support to the TEC, the function lead, and TEC Chair. This will include facilitating and organizing team meetings and events, coordinating team activity, and tracking action items from meetings for follow-up
- Collaborate with teams for membership engagement, outreach, administration and events planning, to develop and promote clean resource innovation enablement initiatives and activities
- Fulfill any other responsibilities consistent with the general objectives of the role, as reasonably requested by CRIN, a pan-Canadian collaborative organization with the spirit of a start-up in a dynamic environment
We’d like to review your application if you have…
- Proficiency in collaboration tools, such as , Mural, Miro, Menti, the Microsoft Office suite, other tools, and savviness in assessing, adopting, and using relevant business and collaboration platforms that are fit for purpose
- Proven skills as an effective facilitator and event producer, capable of working with a breadth of skills, and expertise
- Strong facilitation, production, coordination, organization, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to translate ideas into action, to adapt and demonstrate flexibility of thought and approach
- Aptitude to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities and deliver results to deadlines in a complex, dynamic, and geographically diverse environment
- Proven ability to anticipate, assess, and develop solutions and improvements to workflow to meet objectives
- Ability to act as a project leader when needed
- High sense of ownership/responsibility, attention to detail
- Client service acumen, and
- Ability to help build a culture of engagement to support the execution of CRIN’s vision
- Experience in the oil and gas sector, energy, clean technology, or other natural resource industries
- Familiarity with project, change and reputation management
- Bilingual in English / French
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will be expected to contribute to and agree upon working norms, including workdays and location, etc. The role will be centred out of Calgary with a combination of remote work and work in an office environment located in downtown Calgary as permitted by local regulations to work together and leverage shared-services and expertise from other organizations
- There may also be some irregular hours throughout the week including weekends (event-specific activities.)
- Travel within Canada may be required for meetings and / or event-specific activities according to travel policies and procedures.
To be considered for the role, provide supporting information as to the suitability of candidacy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on April 14, 2022. Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications by April 18, 2022. After this date, your application will be retained and may be considered up until an appointment to the position is made. The position posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CRIN is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. CRIN encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to attaining leadership that is representative of Canada’s diverse populations.
CRIN’s vision is to make Canada the global leader in producing clean hydrocarbons from source to
end use. A network of networks, CRIN accelerates the development and commercialization of ground-breaking solutions by establishing industry priorities and by connecting innovators within the ecosystem (researchers, small and medium enterprises, governments, NGOs, others) to resources (funding, talent, labs, and facilities), investors and industry partners (producers and service companies) who deploy technology solutions.