[Membership Engagement and Outreach team]
Posting date: June 23, 2022
The Clean Resource Innovation Network (CRIN), a Canadian not-for-profit organization, is looking for an energetic, collaborative and trusted communications professional with a vision and passion to be part of an organization that is driven to make things happen and to make a difference for our world.
CRIN has built out an operations team with expertise in communications, membership engagement and outreach, technology enablement, finance and contracting, and operations and administration.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the role of Communications Generalist. You will be part of a team with national scope and regional, national and global impact working in a highly collaborative environment.
The Communications Generalist’s key role is to help support a broad portfolio of membership engagement, outreach and marketing/communications activities targeting cleantech and oil and gas stakeholders across the country.
The Communication Generalist role is a contract position reporting to the Membership Engagement and Outreach will also work closely with other members of the operations team including the Operations Director, Technology Enablement Coordinator, Administrative and Events Coordinator, the Membership Engagement and Outreach Subcommittee (MEOSC) chair and sub-committee, and others.
CRIN is a matrixed, member organization with operations based in Calgary, Alberta, and serving more than 3,300 members across Canada and abroad.
Where your expertise will shine:
The Communications Generalist position is responsible for proactive communication planning and execution; internal client consultation on communications issues; and execution of communications activities for the projects and initiatives of CRIN’s seven theme areas and 19 ecosystem sectors.
You’ll need all the skills in your communications toolkit and will gain valuable experience in a complex, fast-paced organization with diverse content (technical to economic to business) and diverse stakeholder groups. Tasks you can expect to tackle include but are not limited to:
- Writing and multimedia content development for all channels with a focus on web, newsletter, social media and presentations.
- Strategic planning in alignment with CRIN’s vision and key messages, with a focus on integration across CRIN’s theme areas and sectors.
- Identification and tactical execution of opportunities to support technology development initiatives such as technical knowledge sharing events.
- Pre-and post-event marketing including ‘roving reporter’ event summaries for web and newsletter, analytics and participant follow-up.
- Sector outreach and activation, including identifying and opportunities for sector integration with theme areas.
- Membership engagement, outreach and growth.
- Supporting the management of CRIN’s Editorial Calendar that drives and synchronizes communications planning with conference engagement, events and other initiatives.
- Helping develop, monitor, analyze and report metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for membership engagement, reach and stakeholder value creation.
- Sharing responsibility for managing and utilization of the CRM and other tools including a shared email address.
- Sharing responsibility for web updates, newsletter content and production, and other collateral and document formatting and distribution.
The right fit:
In addition to stellar writing for strategic outcomes, creative planning and proficient tactical communication skills, the ideal candidate is/has:
- Five to ten years of experience in communications, preferably within a corporate communications environment.
- A university degree or related post-secondary diploma/certificate in communications, public relations, business, or associated field.
- Highly collaborative in approach to all projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards agreed upon objectives and outcomes.
- Committed to excellence in customer service.
- Ability to help build a culture of engagement to support the execution of CRIN’s vision and priorities.
- Comfortable in a high-energy, faced-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Experience supporting unstructured projects to completion within a changing environment.
- Ability to lead, coach, gain support, and leverage skills from a diverse peer staff team, or from network members where no formal reporting relationship exists.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop and communicate data, perform analysis, assimilate outcomes/results, and create impact reports using appropriate tools and methods.
- High sense of ownership/responsibility and attention to detail.
- Worked successfully with different types of people at many organizational levels.
- Proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite and savvy in assessing, adopting and using relevant business and collaboration technologies to improve operational effectiveness.
- Experience in clean technology development, energy or natural resource industries.
- for science and technology.
- Strong networking skills to support member collaboration and growth.
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
You will be expected to contribute to and agree upon working norms, including workdays and location, etc. The role will be out of Calgary with a combination of remote work and work in an office environment located in downtown Calgary.
There may also be some irregular hours throughout the week including weekends (e.g., event-specific activities). Travel within Canada may be required for meetings and/or event-specific activities according to travel policies and procedures.
To be considered for the role, provide supporting information as to the suitability of your candidacy by email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin July 18, 2022. After this date, your application will be retained and may be considered up until an appointment to the position is made. The position posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CRIN is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. CRIN encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to attaining leadership that is representative of Canada’s diverse populations.
CRIN’s vision is to make Canada the global leader in producing clean hydrocarbons from source to end use. A network of networks, CRIN accelerates the development and commercialization of ground-breaking solutions by establishing industry priorities and by connecting innovators within the ecosystem (researchers, small and medium enterprises – SMEs, governments, non-governmental organizations -NGOs, other innovators) to resources (funding, talent, labs, and facilities), investors and industry partners (producers and service companies) who deploy technology solutions.