I am joining CRIN, a community of people and organizations committed to becoming the global leader in producing clean hydrocarbon energy from source to end use by sharing a common faith in continuously growing the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We are an inclusive, silo-busting, ego-shrinking, ecosystem-building, entrepreneur-focused, wide-open, social-barrier-smashing community.
Membership of CRIN does not come with a discrete financial commitment but a commitment to invest my appropriate time and effort in advancing our vision through innovation and technology. This agreement describes what it means to innovate together. It defines what we allow and pursue versus what we resist and avoid. It is a guide and litmus test for the quality of our decisions, actions and ways of being together. By signing, I agree to join CRIN to embrace and promote this set of values and principles:
- DIVERSITY– I embrace diversity, strive to create equal opportunity for every person and I seek to meet new people in this community.
- FREE HELP– I understand that I will receive valuable help from others for free.
- TRUST– I will give trust to others before expecting to receive trust in return.
- PAY IT FORWARD– I agree to “pay forward” whatever positive benefits I receive.
- For every introduction I get, I will provide an introduction to another person.
- For every hour of advice I receive, I will give an hour of advice to someone else.
- For every risk someone takes with me, I will take a risk with a different person.
- FAIRNESS– I will be respectful, warm and treat everyone fairly. I will take advantage of no one.
- LISTENING– I will bring people together and listen, as none of us is as smart as all of us. I believe in the big tent. I believe we gain strength through diversity.
- LEARNING/HUMILITY– I recognize I have both much to learn from others and opportunities to help others learn as well.
- HOLISTIC– My words and actions will reflect what is best for the sector overall and the people that it impacts, in recognition that my own success and that of my organization, depends upon the success of the sector overall on the world stage.
- HONESTY– I will be truthful and frank. I will break rules and call out elephants in the room.
- TEAM SPORT– I will create teams to play, dream, experiment, iterate, and persist. I understand mistakes happen. Failing quickly and cheaply are acceptable ways of testing new ideas.
- SHARING– I will open myself to learning from others. I am eager to act to learn. I will share my knowledge in the spirit of the Creative Commons to help nurture learning in others.
- ROLE MODEL– I will lead at times and follow at other times. Each person acts as a role model for everyone else. I will have these ideals and enforce them as a member of CRIN.
Through embracing these values and principles, we will;
- Engage and encourage broad participation.
- Create an efficient, self-sustaining innovation ecosystem.
- Increase the frequency of, and reduce the timelines for, the cycle from ideation to deployment.
- Focus on, and be driven by, impactful innovation projects that advance the vision.
- Strengthen existing relationships and extend to other key partners within and beyond the network.
- Empower innovators via active guidance from senior leaders within and beyond the sector.
- Synergize with existing innovation frameworks and entities (e.g. NRCAN, CFREF, COSIA, CMC, PTAC, PSAC, PRNL, etc.).